will it be safe to jailbreak ipod touch in the future

Reaction score
Hi all. i was just on appsafari.com and was reading a comment at the bottom of one the pages that said this

On Sept. 24th Apple released this statement "Apple has discovered that many of the unauthorized iPhone unlocking programs available on the Internet cause irreparable damage to the iPhone’s software, which will likely result in the modified iPhone becoming permanently inoperable when a future Apple-supplied iPhone software update is installed. Apple plans to release the next iPhone software update, containing many new features including the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store (www.itunes.com), later this week. Apple strongly discourages users from installing unauthorized unlocking programs on their iPhones. Users who make unauthorized modifications to the software on their iPhone violate their iPhone software license agreement and void their warranty. The permanent inability to use an iPhone due to installing unlocking software is not covered under the iPhone’s warranty.”

I was wondering If Apple could do this to the iphone, would they do it to the ipod touch?

I don't want to buy an ipod touch own it for 6 months and find out that I now have a very beautiful and expensive brick.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Your question doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so either you or I don't know what "jailbreak" means. How do you mean? What do you want to do to your iPod Touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I believe we are not supposed to discuss Jailbreaking here since it is against Apple EULA.

Reaction score
They are full of it. You can always restore your software to its original state. Apple dose not want to give up control of their iPhone so they say all this. Its fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.