Help! blue screen on 24" iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
Over the last two weeks, my machine has occasionally started giving me the blue screen after it enters sleep mode.

Once it's in blue screen I have to give it a hard restart by holding down the power button.

Anyone else have this problem? I'd like to hear from forum members before I call Applecare.

FYI- I've got a new 24" iMac 320 gb HD 2 gigs of RAM. Pretty new, bought it in Oct. 2007.

THANKS!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
This seems to be a known issue. Wait until the new updates (hopefully on the 15th Jan). If you are interested in what cause this problem, checkout the error files located at /var/log/

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks -

so this is something that can be fixed by a firmware or software update?

b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I am not getting this kind of action from my 24. Tonight I did do a verify disk and found it had disk errors - maybe something to check. How about a power conditioner/battery backup? I have mine plugged into a battery backup as well.

For sure an easy patch is to find and reinstall the last update for your system. KP and hard restarts are tough on the OS - give it a fresh one.

I have 3 gb in my Aluminum machine.

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ran the verify disk and repair disk permissions. Didn't find any big errors. Hopefully that helped.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.