Any free osx programs that rivals Microsoft media center add-ons?

Reaction score
Hello,

On my old media center pc, I had some media center plugins that allowed me to interact with google video, and also watch internet tv.

I find with my new macbook, there doesn't seem to be any features that compare to media center or anything really that will allow me to watch online television or satellite.

Does any know any reliable software that can be used to accomplished? I'd prefer something compatible with leopard, and is trustworthy so I don't have to worry about malware.

Thank you in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can check out Joost

OP
D
Reaction score
I had joost for awhile, but the content is very limited. Although I do love the interface and it's simplicity.. I think I will be using getmiro more.

Downside of getmiro, is it downloads the videos to your comp before your able to play them while joost streams its videos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.