OSX 10.3 Boot disc Troubles

J

jimmyeatmud

I am having trouble getting my powerbook g4 to boot to the 10.3 install media. I was wondering if anyone else has the same trouble.

When I insert the first disc and select install, it prompts me to restart the computer to continue the installation. It reboots, I get the gray screen and greyer apple. It sits there for a moment reving the cd drive and then something weird happens. The apple logo shifts over to the right and quits responding. I have to pull the battery and plug out to get it to restart. I have goofed up this current install (gigs and gigs of data are missing out of my hd and I can't find the files taking up the space) and would just like to start fresh.

Jimbo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Don't do anything with the CD in the OS just restart the computer
With the disc in the computer
Hold down the C key as soon as the computer starts to boot....this should boot you straight into the cd

OP
J

jimmyeatmud

Tried that. Same issue. It just locks up. But thanks for the help.

Also I have tried taking the battery out and booting it only with the power cable and the same problem occurs. Could it be the media. This is a burnt backup copy of OSX. The CDs are perfect copies that is why I didn't think to mention it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
How did you copy the OS X CD?

OP
J

jimmyeatmud

Toast Titanium I think, I know its toast. I used the load image option and burnt it. 8x speed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.