12" iBook 1Ghz broken screen

M

mostarac

Hi there,

I am sort of a new and unlucky user of iBook and mac in general.
This is the first mac I got and it fell of a table and the screen shattered.

I do have the standard warranty on it but I assume that does not count in this case....

Anyways, wanted to know what options I would have except for using it as a desktop.
Does anyone know what type of LCD they have so I can purchase or replace it myself or if and for how much does apple do it for?

Thanks in advance

mostarac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, try calling apple and see what they say (can't hurt).

Other options: do you have some type of home insurance that would cover this type of accident? If so, maybe ask them (or your parents...?)

I'd also check on eBay to see if they have parts you could use.

OP
W

Wapa18

if u're under warranty, it should most definitely be covered. call apple before you do anything else. that's what the warranty is for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Wapa18 said:
if u're under warranty, it should most definitely be covered. call apple before you do anything else. that's what the warranty is for.

Just be sure Not to mention that it was caused by you ;)

OP
M

mostarac

Thanks for the reply's. Why I am checking is that I got told that apple is firm on not replacing cracked screens. So wanted to double check that with you guys.
Has anyone done that before?

mostarac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's going to be difficult though: Calling Apple with a cracked screen and trying to explain how it's not your fault.

I mean, if it's a brand new unit, you could same that's the way you recieved it.
But that has to be done within days of recieving it.

You could say it got so hot it burned you (hint lawsuit) and that caused you to drop it...

OP
T

TylerMoney

From the stories I have heard, it's all about who you talk to. Some people will skip all the "rules" and just tell you to return it. Others will make sure everything is legit, and not give you any breaks. I'd suggest you keep asking questions, and try and get them to talk to other people and what not. Yeah, good luck with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Your best bet would be to see if your home owners insurance will cover it. Many do and they will pay to replace the unit with a new one. You can sell the old one on ebay then as dammaged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Well I am not suggesting this or anything, but I have heard through a friend of a friend of a friend with an HP laptop who had the same problem. Now let me again say that I don't know this person personally and no it was not me, and I would say don't do this, but he mailed his to his mom insured and then made a claim and got it repaired by the shipping company, company to remain unmentioned, but not usps.I do know that this really did happen. Anyway, this is what not to do. But yeah apple should fix it for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Yes it is, like I said in the post it is what not to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That does indeed sound dodgy...

OP
J

juan8w1

dude i will trade you a hp officejet d135 fully functional with all the accessaries this is a slammin machine i will even toss in replacement ink cart , for you this is a 400 plus machine printer scanner copier fax this puppy is a multi unit all in one check out specs and let me know i got it fo my shop but up graded . i will pay for shipping on my end .. here is a linkt to show you what the unit looks like http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/...03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg and a list of specs

HP OfficeJet D135
Part #: C8375A
One office product with the power of four. Print, fax, scan, and copy all from one compact, integrated product with easy-to-use functions designed to work together. The HP Officejet D135 prints up to 19ppm in black and 16ppm in color, and delivers 33Kbps faxing. Plus, it adds photo-quality color printing, scanning, and copying for professional-looking projects. You can scan and copy multi-page documents simply by loading the automatic document feeder (holds up to 50 sheets).

Prints at 1200 x 1200 DPI at 19 PPM and 16 PPM Color
Scans via sheetfeed at 600 x 600 DPI Optical and 9600 DPI Enhanced
Copies at 1200 x 600 DPI at 19 CPM, does 99 Multiple Copies
16 MB RAM
Connects Via USB
Environments: Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, Me, XP, MacOS (USB connect for Mac OS 9.1 and above)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.