Returning Important Files from External Hard Drive to a New Hard Drive for Mac

Reaction score
Hi. Yeah, I'm in waiting for my new internal hard drive for my MacBook and I've already put all my important files (especially my music from my iPod, which is inside my iTunes Music Folder) into an external.

Now my question is that once I get my hard drive and install it, is my next step just hooking up my external hard drive and dragging my iTunes folder onto my desktop and then dragging individual songs back onto iTunes or can I just simply drag the folder with all my music onto iTunes?

A quick, yet thorough and complete answer would be very beneficial for me. Thanks. =)

Reaction score
I just installed a 320GB WD for the old 100GB drive in my MBP. I used SuperDuper to make a bootable backup of my old drive onto an external drive, and then booted off of that after getting the machine back together. I was prompted to partition the new drive automatically after logging in. Then I fired up SuperDuper and did a "backup" from the external to the new internal drive.

Not sure if the trial version of SuperDuper will be sufficient or not, but it's worth taking a look. Very, very easy.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can drag the whole folder in in one go

then go and make a cup of coffee while it imports them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.