Producing Music On MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hi All...

So I am doing my research to see if I should move to a Mac or not...

I have producing music on Windows for a few years now and I am just hating it more and everyday... The amount of time I spend restarting and trying to get software to work with each other is getting rediculous...

I'd like to know how stable it really is... and also, if there is any way to get VST's I use in windows to work in Mac without me having to purchase them again.

Also, what would be ideal hard drive configurations... right now my windows desktop has a 200GB drive for the OS and Apps itself... and all my data and music files are stored on a seperate internal 500GB hard drive... how can I counter this with a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I use logic studio 8, coming from cubase and I love it. It's still not the most stable thing in the world, but it's HUGE improvement over logic 7. 7 Had the tendency to have "audio overloads" which would stop your recording/playback/whatever you were doing at the time. I've only seen this once or twice since my upgrade to logic 8 and I've recorded three band sessions and multiple hip hop artist sessions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
Macs are very stable. I"ve been running Logic on mac for 7 years now and it has only crashed on me once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.