multiple firefox pages in multiple spaces

Reaction score
I am on my second day of using my first Mac system ever! A black MacBook, and im loving it. I can see i will be a lifelong Mac fanboy from here on out. (at least for laptops)

I am still a total noob for everything regarding OSX. I would like to learn how to open a firefox window within space 1 and be able to use tabs and everything. and on space 2-4 have a completely separate Firefox window, complete with tabs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
To my knowledge opening tabs of firefox in different tabs is not possible. You can assign full application to a space. But not the individual components of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
You could always just open a different browser in the other spaces. E.g. Camino in one, Firefox in the other, Safari, Shirra, Flock, etc....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
with safari you can have a page of safari in ever space.

Just open a new window, and drag that window to another space.

i will test firefox right now

Edit: yea, just open another window when you have fire fox running, and drag that window to another space (press f8, then drag that window to the space you want)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I think those solutions are too complicated.

In Space 1 open a FF window. Use tabs as you'd like.
Move to Space 2. Open a new FF window. Use tabs as you'd like.
Lather Rinse Repeat.

kman's way will work just as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
you cant open another window of FF from a different sapce then the first window is in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I agree with kman, it's a bit of an inconvenience when you first set it up but it will get you what you want. My only problem is the change window keystroke doesn't work between spaces, you have to use the change space keystroke. Just out of curiosity, what are you doing that you need to have a FF window open in each space?

OP
DavyJon3s
Reaction score
school lab research, im juggling a few classes that i wasent taking seriously before. It just seemed like a nice idea to have research open in a few diffrent spaces so i could do my notes and stuff on each subject in diffrent spaces, just minimizing the clutter.

Thanx for your help guys. got it to work with Kman's method.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
you cant open another window of FF from a different sapce then the first window is in.

oh wow.. i never noticed that! so you have to make windows first, then move them to the other spaces.

the more i use spaces, the more it stinks. its not virtual desktops... its just window groupings. TRUE virtual desktops is so much better. Like Desktop Manager.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Open firefox, open whatever tabs you want, than press command+n, press FN and F8 and drag your new firefox window from space 1 to space 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
What if you had 2 of the firefox app and opened each one up in a different space? Would that be possible? I don't know how practical that would be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Just open up two firefox windows, press FN+F8 if you are on a notebook and F8 if you are on a desktop and just drag whichever firefox window you want into another space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.