iPod Ejecting.

Reaction score
I just exchanged my zune for an iPod, and i'm still used to not needing to eject my zune, does it really matter if I forget to eject my iPod? I read somewhere that you were supposed to eject em...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
you are suppose to eject an ipod everytime and i try to remember to. However i have forgotten to numerous times. I have yet to have a problem from disconnecting the ipod with out ejecting it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have yet to have a problem from disconnecting the ipod with out ejecting it.
The operative word here being "yet".

You need to eject any mounted device from your Mac. Neglecting to do so can cause damage and/or data loss on the device you failed to eject and unmount properly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
As long as there is no data writing in progress, it probably won't kill anything if you forget to eject your iPod. (key word being PROBABLY) Now if you unplugged something during a sync or something, then you might have problems.

Reaction score
I just exchanged my zune for an iPod, and i'm still used to not needing to eject my zune, does it really matter if I forget to eject my iPod? I read somewhere that you were supposed to eject em...

I accidently bumped my brothers nano off the dock before i ejected it (it said do not connect, but it wasnt syncing anything, iTunes wasnt even open) and over 3/4 of his songs were gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.