iBook G4?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I think that I may end up getting a new laptop. I don't want to buy the Macbook, because it is a little pricey for what I would want it for-sort of the more basic stuff, word processing, internet, MSN, homework, music, etc. etc. I was thinking about an iBook G4. Would that be good for this type of stuff, or should I maybe even look at a Powerbook? I AM in Canada, and there are a couple Mac Stores, so I'm guessing I would probably be able to get one? How much would an iBook G4 cost? Thanks to anyone in advanced. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi everyone,

I think that I may end up getting a new laptop. I don't want to buy the Macbook, because it is a little pricey for what I would want it for-sort of the more basic stuff, word processing, internet, MSN, homework, music, etc. etc. I was thinking about an iBook G4. Would that be good for this type of stuff, or should I maybe even look at a Powerbook? I AM in Canada, and there are a couple Mac Stores, so I'm guessing I would probably be able to get one? How much would an iBook G4 cost? Thanks to anyone in advanced. :)

You do understand that the iBook G4 is no longer in production? Apple's entire product line has been updated for several generations now, with Intel processors. As such, you'll be limited to used and refurbished machines.

It sounds like your needs are fairly modest, and as long as you're willing to deal with the hassles that may accompany an older, used machine, I'd say go for it. Check eBay, there's plenty of older iBooks out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.