I want to RECORD/burn what my Mac speaks, possible?

Reaction score
Hello,

So my friends and I have this idiotic french song we made which makes no sense but makes us laugh to no end and it's even funnier when I type it up and my Beautiful PowerMac speaks it.
I want to burn it for my friend so we can get a laugh or two,is that possible?
I have a mic, could I use that? I'm never done anything with recording anything,just speakable items.

Thanks for your help,

Tanner.

Reaction score
Hello,

So my friends and I have this idiotic french song we made which makes no sense but makes us laugh to no end and it's even funnier when I type it up and my Beautiful PowerMac speaks it.
I want to burn it for my friend so we can get a laugh or two,is that possible?
I have a mic, could I use that? I'm never done anything with recording anything,just speakable items.

Thanks for your help,

Tanner.

I don't own this program but I saw it in my MacLife mag; it's called WIRETAP STUDIO (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/) it sounds like it may work

Reaction score
I use audio hijack.
http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/
Works well, with an annoying habit of needing to re-launch the application you are recording from periodically, for no apparent reason. For example, if I am streaming a radio show in Camino and I want to record part of it, some times audiohijack kicks right in and works. Other times I have to quit and relaunch Camino. But then I have the free version, so I can't complain.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Well, i downloaded audio hijack but im not sure what i'm doing. But i just found out my microphone isnt gonna work with my PowerMac, it doesn't have a mic port! I went to go plug it in and the hole is too small, so the mic wont fit! Weird, i never thought of that before, i never used it with my PowerMac before. I unplugged my speakers and plugged in the mic and it doesn't work.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Uh oh. Nope, those Macs had no audio input. Ironically, it was nick-named Digital Audio because of its audio output! If you are going to stick with that machine you will need a USB Mic adaptor like this:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic

What?!? I'm really disappointed, I will never look at my PowerMac the same again. I love it a little less now.....I am ashamed to admit it.
But i'm surely not spending $40 to burn a song called "Doctor sur le Table" to a CD......that brings me a tiny step closer to buying a Mac Mini sooner rather than later. But i still love my PowerMac, but Mac Minis are sweet.......I feel like im cheating on my Mac with a hot younger Mac.
LOL.

Reaction score
i dont know i'd stay away from the mac mini.. IMO it's not worth the price..
and i heard the input and output arent powered so it will end up not working anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Wire Tap will record anything that comes over your speakers, so if you can hear the song on your mac, Wire Tap will record it. Has lots of other great features as well. I use it to schedule recordings of favorite radio shows, even when I am not at home. Maybe that is what you are looking for?

Reaction score
What skybolt said.

Wiretap has a setting you can use without having to pay for the app, but it may be restricted to 10 minutes per recording or something. But I might be wrong. It's been too long since I last used it.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Really?
So i'd have to use a mic?
It's either wiretap or i transfer the song to my powerbook, have it speak the song and bring it upstairs to my PC (EEK) and burn it that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.