• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

PhotoShop Elements 6 for Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Yeah but elements is rubbish, you need a better one than that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
Did Adobe ever bring out Photoshop Elements fir Mac version 5?

Reaction score
Yes, there is a Elements 5. I also have to disagree with the post below (being crap). For the novice editor (like the majority of users out there... Photoshop Elements is sufficient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I still use Elements 2.0 on my iBook and love it.

I have absolutely no need for the full blown version...

Now, I'm not sure if I should go for Elements 6 or Pixelmator when I upgrade to MacBook. Any thoughts?

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Did Adobe ever bring out Photoshop Elements fir Mac version 5?

I don't believe they ever made a Mac version of 5, Windows only.

M

MacHeadCase

Yep you're right Matt, just looked up Adobe and Elements 5 was Windoze-only. For the Mac, Adobe went straight to Elements 6.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Since switching to Mac (just last month) after many years of running Windows, the only software I really miss is Elements. I started with 2.0 and then upgraded to 4.0 later. This is good news for me! I wonder how well it will work with iPhoto?

charliecrossian, what do suggest as an alternative? I've looked at Pixelmator but am not sure how comfortable I'd be with it after running Elements for so long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Thank goodness...I've been using Picasa in my Windows VM - I hate iPhoto and Aperture! Can't wait to get my hands on a demo...I love CS3, but I need a good photo album program and PE6 looks like the ticket, especially with the new CS-esqe features like the group shot feature. Someday I'll give Lightroom a shot...Adobe, get us a demo pronto! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33 C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
No word on whether it's a universal app yet? I looked around the site and can't tell.

Reaction score
Photoshop Elements 6.0

I am excited see PSE 6 coming out for Macs http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelmac/ as I have really missed 5 on my old PC. Since getting new iMac for Christmas I cannot find a photo editor I like as much as PSE.

I do not like iPhoto 08 it takes me forever to do anything and I can't quickly reduce photos for the web. I also can't add text.

Pixelmator does not have a healing brush.

Seashore does not have a healing brush.

Is there a cheap or free easy to use program that has a healing brush and I can add text to pics for the next 2.5 months until my beloved PSE 6 comes out?

Critty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, A new MB (When they come out!)
Thank goodness...I've been using Picasa in my Windows VM - I hate iPhoto and Aperture! Can't wait to get my hands on a demo...I love CS3, but I need a good photo album program and PE6 looks like the ticket, especially with the new CS-esqe features like the group shot feature. Someday I'll give Lightroom a shot...Adobe, get us a demo pronto! :D

Lightroom is fantastic for certain things. However, I would much rather prefer CS3 to LR just because it is so much more traditional as far as the interface goes. With LR it seems like Adobe tried to dumb down the editing process too much into more of a newbie consumer-esque app.

It's just too artsy of an interface for me, much like the new M$ Office 2007 applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I'm looking forward to Elements (I hope there's a demo first though), a decent imaging app that isn't unfinished and buggy (Pxelator) or just plain ugly (GIMP) is one thing I'm missing.

Reaction score
Adobe's website says PSE 6 "works great with iPhoto". Anyone know what that really means? I've invested a lot of time getting my photos arranged into proper 'events' in iPhoto '08. I really liked PSE when I was in the Windoze world, and look forward to using it for more detailed photo editing than what iPhoto provides. I would hope I could easily 'click through' to PSE for advanced editing, but iPhoto properly keep up with edits, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
That probably means that pse 6 can see iphoto albums and events in a sorta palette like window. And that it will update the albums if you decided to copy a photo and then edit that so you dont muck up the original. Just my guess....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Lightroom is fantastic for certain things. However, I would much rather prefer CS3 to LR just because it is so much more traditional as far as the interface goes. With LR it seems like Adobe tried to dumb down the editing process too much into more of a newbie consumer-esque app.

It's just too artsy of an interface for me, much like the new M$ Office 2007 applications.

I love LR. It distills those elements of CS2/3 that photographers need/use 95% of the time. When I come back from a day-long shoot with 1K+ images to download, sort, select and process, I want the speed and ease of LR. I rarely use my CS2 program anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.