Removing Windows XP boot screen in an emulator

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm installing Windows XP SP2 on my iBook G4 with Q emulator:
http://www.kju-app.org/kju/

I know it's a PPC, and it's REALLY slow. 512 mb of RAM, 1.33 Ghz, 60 GB hard drive. The install alone took 6 hours and counting. I want to have it to be able to run some Windows applications on the go. I already have Windows installed on my 24" Intel iMac with Bootcamp.

Anyways, the trouble is, I want to remove the Windows XP loading screen, which will save time during boot up. I'm going to make it run as efficient as I possibly can, so no fancy graphics, no background, etc.

I followed a link telling me how to remove the boot screen, which involves making a boot.ini file. Since Q is installed with a partition, I'm not completely sure how I can remove it. Disabling the boot screen involves messing with the partitions and the directory of Windows, I don't want to take the chance of ruining the computer.

Look:
The boot.ini file that disables the boot screen looks like the following:

[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS [operating systems]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /noguiboot

Anyways, if this doesn't work, I'll just have to deal with waiting longer during boot up. Remember, on a non-emulated PC, Windows' boot up screen only takes a few seconds, but here, we might be talking in minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You, Ben.

Oh, and also, you can install multiple guest PC's there too. So I guess that's where Ubuntu is going. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.