Buying an imac from the USA

Reaction score
us shipping

hi there ive am thinking exactly the same thing about an imac co it saves about £150 on buying the thing but cant seem to find anywhere to ship it here or an idea of cost of shipping here???
thanks im sick of windows and decided to make the change!

OP
J
Reaction score
exactly i cant seem to find anywhere on the web that sells from us and will ship to uk, does anyone here have a link to a us apple shop that will ship me an imac to the uk?

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi
want to but the new imac from the usa due to saving about £200, does anyone ship them here? or know a way to get them shipped here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Get a US Mail Forwarding Address Here or Here (that one you can pay for just one time use) after you have your address buy from the apple us store and have it shipped to the US Address they then forward it to the UK. This is the only option i can think of but with all the charges involved shipping and all there is no benefit to importing unless your going on holiday over there (Which is what i do go on holiday then buy a laptop if i need one). Hope it helps.

Reaction score
you'll just get import tax added and it'll cost you the same or more in the end mate.

just use the UK store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I think apple dealers are not allowed to allow this sort of grey channel imports

You could try northy's method or

Have a friend in the US ship[ iyt to you

Look on ebay and ask the seller if they will ship to the UK

Expect a nice VAT bill from the revenue a few weeks after it has arrived (unless you get lucky)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Actually Import duty don't apply to PC/Laptops but VAT does just 17.5% which is high. Use the UK Store cheaper

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.