Old nano will play videos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"MacBook 1.8GHZ Core Duo, 1.25 GB RAM, 120 GB HD". / "G4 1.2 GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 80GB HD"
Some where i remember I read something about this, you need to install a Linux application or something to make it play videos, im talking about the old nano he first gen one, the one that is supposed to play music and pictures, can this be done? or everything was a lie??

Thank u in advance xD

Reaction score
I've installed Linux on my 1st gen Nano, I got it to play music, photos and it also allows you to change more settings on your iPod. You can also install games on to it. I had to install it via my brothers PC it was pretty easy to do but i found it pretty much useless since i can't even fit all my music on 4GB not by along shot. With Linux installed you can still boot in the normal iPod software using a combination. It's great for a bit of fun (why I did it) but the storage is too limited to really allow you to take full advantage of it. I think you can also install Linux on video iPods too that would be pretty good. I installed it a long time ago I'm sure that there is a much more updated version now.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"MacBook 1.8GHZ Core Duo, 1.25 GB RAM, 120 GB HD". / "G4 1.2 GHZ, 512 MB RAM, 80GB HD"
Thank you for your reply, do you have any links or websites, so i can look for this application and install it on a Windows computer?
So this can be done it wasnt a lie, that's good to know. Thanks xD

Reaction score
Check this Wiki out, I remember all the info was in a readme file. I installed it painlessly so it's an easy task.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
I had it but after i got rid of it the iPod started having problems

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you, it was really use full.
xD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.