• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Mail used more than Outlook by engineers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
One of our internal projects at work is a website that caters to the motion control industry. We publish an opt-in eNewsletter. I wrote the emailing system (first task on this new iMac) and went wild with statistic reporting. It turns out that Apple Mail is not too uncommon with our viewers/reader (who are engineers). It actually beats out MS Outlook.

attachment.php

In case you're wondering... top dogs in this category are Gmail and Yahoo.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
What about outlook express, your comparing a paid for office component vs a free mail client.

And are you pulling this info with people knowing, i can see getting their browser, but going as far to scan for their mail client? or how is that working, are they connecting to your site for rss feeds or?

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As you can see, outlook express is not in the top 10 (yet). People are still receiving the newsletter.

No, they do not know it is being pulled.
It's an emailed newsletter - so of course we want to know what readers they are using.

Well, I can't tell you how I do it of course :) It's proprietary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
ahh k, marketing tracking :), i thought you were someone connecting to their systems through a web page or something, i have never checked the stats for our newsletter (only about 430k people)

i would of thought outlook e would be up there but i guess really more and more people go with webmail and the free stuff (gmail, and such)

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is a connection made. It's true data, raw numbers.
It's not extrapolated, or estimated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
According to those stats, Firefox has about 0.3% of the browser population, and Safari is non-existent - meaning either all the Apple users use mail rather than a mail client (as opposed to the Windows users of which it seems virtually none use a mail client) or something else is going on. Clearly that is not representative of the browser market distribution, is it?

What is your target audience? Are these sent to companies or individuals?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.