No search results

Reaction score
Running 10.4.11 on a MacBook 2.0 Intel, 1 gig RAM, 36 gigs free disk space, all the latest (1/9/2008) updates:

None of the search functions on my wife's computer work. I get no results from a search in Finder, Spotlight or any Find in Open Window in any application.

Everything else is working fine. I've Repaired Permissions and Verified the disk.

I've had Macs since 1983 and never run in to anything like this. Anyone ever see something like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Running 10.4.11 on a MacBook 2.0 Intel, 1 gig RAM, 36 gigs free disk space, all the latest (1/9/2008) updates:

None of the search functions on my wife's computer work. I get no results from a search in Finder, Spotlight or any Find in Open Window in any application.

Everything else is working fine. I've Repaired Permissions and Verified the disk.

I've had Macs since 1983 and never run in to anything like this. Anyone ever see something like this?

Welcome to the forums!

Try trashing the Finder's .plst file. Then reboot.

(and Macs have only been around since 1984 :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
(and Macs have only been around since 1984 :) )

Is the Lisa considered a Mac?

And I agree with the above advice. That should fix the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is the Lisa considered a Mac?
Nope. It is an "Apple Lisa". There were conversions that could be done to allow it to run Mac System Software, but it wasn't a Mac.

The Macintosh was not introduced until January 24, 1984.

OP
B
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y:

Well, I'm in the dog house: I told my wife we've been using Macs since we got married and moved, in 1983. To which she replied, actually we got married in 1984.

I writing this on the couch in the basement at 2 AM.

You're absolutely right, Macs were introduced in 1984.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-forums, bilbo911.

What you could do to force Spotlight to recreate its database is download MainMenu from Santa Software and run the Rebuild -> Rebuild Spotlight Index... script.

Hope this helps solve your problem. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.