Connecting monitor to iMac

Reaction score
Yes, I have searched this.

I want to connect my Mag LT782s to my Intel iMac via Mini DVI.

I do alot of photo and design work and I really need some extra working space, I had this monitor laying around and no use for it so I figured why not.

http://www.lcdnfo.com/html/MAG_LT782s-lcd-monitor.html

There are the specs for the Mag monitor. I looked up the apple DVI to mini DVI adaptor and I think it will work but I am not 100% sure.
The mag monitor has a 15 pin D-sub Input coming out of it, I am pretty sure i can just plug that into the DVI end of the adaptor and then plug that into the Mini DVI on my mac. Will this work ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Yep as long as the monitor is DVI or VGA. Whichever it is - get the miniDV to whatever end you need and you are good to go. I have one iMac using miniDV to DVI and another one miniDV to VGA.

Question - Is the D Sub a VGA connection - I don't know. You may need a gender changer to get it to work. Try it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Alright, well I picked up the Apple Mini DVI to DVI adaptor today and there is no way that it is going to work. I must have figured something wrong becasue the monitor cord coming out of the MAG monitor is deffintally not a DVI. On the information site it says that it is

Input: 15 Pin D-Sub

im guessing that it is a 15 Pin VGA Male that is coming out of the monitor. I am posting some pictures of it, im sure somebody here will know what it is.

In conclusion I need to find a adaptor that will either connect the monitors cord to DVI or to a Mini DVI, it has to be pretty cheap too.

Todd002.jpg

Todd001.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Yes that is a VGA. Get a VGA to DVI (or whatever your iMac has) converter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You'll need a mini-DVI-to-VGA adaptor, which you can get from Apple for less that US$20.

Don't try to use a both a mini-DVI-to-DVI and a DVI-to-VGA adapter; that won't work; the first one strips out the analog signal the second one needs.

[EDIT: yes, that's it.]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.