Screen fades and Restart Prompted...What is this??

Reaction score
So I have had the Macbook Pro 2.4G intel 1G ram, running on leopard. I have had the computer for a couple months now and recently on random occasions the screen has faded to grey. Starting from the top down a grey cover will come over the screen and I am prompted to restart the computer by holding the power button for several seconds, It is written in 4 or 5 languages. This is very concerning to me, should I be worried??what should i do?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, santiaraujo.

What you are experiencing is a kernel panic.

Did you change anything when these started happening? Added any new RAM? Added a new peripheral? Installed any software or OS update?

You say you are using Leopard... Which version is it? Did your MBP come with Leopard installed or did you upgrade to it? If you did upgrade the OS' which method did you use to install the new OS?

OP
S
Reaction score
The kernal panic seemed to happen randomly. I am using a torrent program called azureus, do you think that could be the problem? I am running osx 10.5.1, I upgraded it to this, i honestly dont remember which method i used to install, but i remember i took no shortcuts, ran the installation the long way.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have been using azureus under Leopard 10.5.1 with no issues at all. I am not a big Torrent user, but it does seem to work just fine. Did you check for any upgrades to azureus?

Also like MHC asked, did you upgrade your RAM or plug anything new into your MBP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.