wmv flipmac...problem viewing web video

Reaction score
Im having problems viewing wmv videos such as the ones found on www.weakgame.com I downloaded flipmac which tells me it allows wmv files such as those to be played through quicktime. I installed it, and still can not seem to get any of these videos to work there or on similar websites. Ive got to be doing something wrong, any idea?

Reaction score
Not sure mate, I actually downloaded this the other day and it's working OK for me so it does work.

Just been on weakgame and it they all play fine.

I'm using Leopard 10.5.1

It does specify that you must have the latest update for quicktime, have you checked this?

If everything is up to date its probably just not installed the plugin correctly this does happen with this kind of thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
not sure if it'll make a difference, but I'd also install Perian. This should allow quicktime to support additional movie formats. See if it works after that.

OP
T
Reaction score
well i updated my software through the update software option...haha. It didnt help...i redownloaded the flipmac package, i dont think im installing it wrong because theres only one way. It only allows me to select my harddrive as the download spot and then it unpacks into applications.

edit: I updated my stuffit software to the latest version and then i tried downloading wmv from mactopia but it freezes when it starts to install...nice.... It wouldnt even open the installer untill i updated my stuffit software. This is in now way less confusing than a pc so far....oy vey...

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question for an application not for OS X*

OP
T
Reaction score
so ive even got wmv installed and still cant view most wmv video clips through my browser....also have the latest version of everything and flipmac downloaded and installed correctly...what gives

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.