where is the newest bootcamp download?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i cant find on the apple site?

The beta program is over now that Apple released Leopard with Boot Camp as one of the integrated features. If you intend to keep Tiger, Boot Camp is no longer an option.

OP
I
Reaction score
i have leopard.

edit: i downloaded it several days ago, however i accidently deleted the application, the harddrive is still there, but the application is gone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
i have leopard.

edit: i downloaded it several days ago, however i accidently deleted the application, the harddrive is still there, but the application is gone!

You downloaded what? Bootcamp comes on the Leopard DVD, it's not online.

OP
I
Reaction score
hmm?? i dont know? im sure it weren't on here, but I know it's leopard, i only bought it about 10 days ago from the apple online store... uhmm... so how do i get bootcamp?

i only have 2 install discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
2 install discs?? I got only one disc for leopard. Are you sure you have leopard discs??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try this: Click the Apple menu and then "About this Mac":

2008-01-09_0915.png

The highlighted part indicates your version number. If you have 10.4.xx, it's Tiger. 10.5.xx is Leopard.

Your computer may have come with Tiger pre-installed, but with a Leopard update disc.

OP
I
Reaction score
it's 10.5..... i have 2 install discs because i bought the mac with leopard already on it... so is there no solution for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If you are at 10.5 or 10.5.1, then you already have access to boot camp. I don't use it, so I'm not the one to tell you how to do it, but I just used spotlight to find Boot Camp Assistant already installed on my machine. The first thing it tells you to do is print and read the documentation, and if you are on a laptop, to make sure that you have your power adapter plugged in.

So, if you have your XP SP2 CD, you may just be good to go.
Perry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
And I just caught that part where you may have deleted it. I'm sure that Boot Camp Assistant could be reinstalled from your media, if you need it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's not there.. i think i completely deleted it...

You're looking under Applications => Utilities folder, correct? If so and it's not there, you might need to use Pacifist to extract it from your system disc and place it back in that directory. More thorough documentation is available here.

OP
I
Reaction score
yeah, i used spotlight also to try to look for it, found nothing. ive loaded all the files on pacifist however i can't find the bootcamp application and it won't let me use find, any idea of where it might be?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, i used spotlight also to try to look for it, found nothing. ive loaded all the files on pacifist however i can't find the bootcamp application and it won't let me use find, any idea of where it might be?

It's on your Leopard system disc. You need to use Pacifist to examine the contents of the disc and find the Boot Camp Assistant. Then, extract it back to the Macintosh HD => Applications => Utilities directory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.