Faded Lines in MacBook Pro Screen...

Reaction score
Hey guys

I just got a macbook pro about a month ago, and never had a problem with it. Works great and all, but I just noticed when the screen is completely black (not turned off), that it looks like there is screen burn or something near the middle of the LCD screen.

What are my options, I won't be able to take it in a retail dealer to see what the problem is. Do you know their policy about issues like that? Any suggestions?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
Could it be any sort of light leak?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take it back to the reseller or an Apple dealer near you if you purchased it from the online store.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Dimming the brightness doesn't turn off the screen, it turns off the backlight. What you see is the image on the screen with the backlight turned off...totally normal. If you shut down, it will go away. If not, THEN you have a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
what neo said this is normal. since your screen isnt powered off it still projects an image without the backlight on so you will see outline of some windows. dont worry perfectly normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Dimming the brightness doesn't turn off the screen, it turns off the backlight. What you see is the image on the screen with the backlight turned off...totally normal. If you shut down, it will go away. If not, THEN you have a problem.

Great job. You beat me to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Also, if you're in a dark area, you can see the light of the Apple logo on the front of the LCD lid shine through the LCD screen. Freaks me out every time I see it on mine. ;)

OP
D
Reaction score
no, I know dimming the brightness all the way down, I can still see what is on my desktop, but I'm talking about if I just have a black screen (like a black image as my background), I notice what seems to be screen burn or something like it near the middle of my screen...

If it is indeed screen burn, what needs to be down with the LCD? Can they replace it without replacing the entire computer? By having "screen burn" (I'm pretty sure that's my case), would it be a problem in the future?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
I did'nt think lcd screens suffered with screen burn like the old phosphor type.

Reaction score
Holy-geez, snoslicer8... you're right.

I was freaking out about the apple logo "shadow" on my screen. ...with the sun hitting the back of it (open lid). I ran my hand behind the screen and the logo shadow disappeared.

I'll be ok now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.