someone PLEASE help i am stuck!

Reaction score
stuck in bootcamp i think!

i just bought a 20 inch imac brand new. and tonight when i went to install windows xp with sp2 on it. the partitioning went fine, and so did the install, i selected the correct partition for installation.

all is fine until i reboot. the imac of course doesnt have an eject button. when i hit the keyboard eject, it does nothing! when i hold the mouse down, it does nothing! neither does holding the command or control buttons.

it is a repeating process and i cant get out of it, my imac doesnt even attempt to get around the booting disk.

some one please tell me how i can get the xp disk out so it can boot up without the cd.

(also note, if i ignore the prompt for the boot from disk. it says something about an error and to press any key to restart, when i hit a key, it does nothing...) PLEASSSEEE HELPPPPP!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
It sounds like you are still within Windows (never been within Boot Camp myself). Can you see the Apple at this stage? IF so select select Sys Prefs> Startup Disk and choose the MAc.

If you cannot see the Apple then my best guess is you formatted the whole machine into Windows and may not have a Mac OS installed. You need to get back to Mac and identify what actually happened. Let us know about what you can see.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
How about holding down option/alt while you restart? It will give you an option of boot sources. Don't let chilbear freak you out; OS X is still there.

OP
C
Reaction score
How about holding down option/alt while you restart? It will give you an option of boot sources. Don't let chilbear freak you out; OS X is still there.

tried that just now, and that doesnt work either. i know it would get past it, i just need to get the **** disc out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20in 2gb Ram.Macbook Pro 15in 2GB RAM
Im not sure if you tried this, but try going into windows, installing the drivers from the leopard CD, and then trying the eject button. Idk, worth a try.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
tried that just now, and that doesnt work either. i know it would get past it, i just need to get the **** disc out

Hey, watch your language. I know what you need. If holding Option didn't work, BootCamp must not have successfully created the partition (or something). Is the computer stuck in a restart loop? If so, push and hold the power button until it powers down (or unplug).
Wait 20 seconds or so, then power up your Imac and immediately press and hold the C (the letter C) key. You need to push and hold it before you hear the chord startup sound. Keep it held until a gray screen comes up with boot options. Select your Mac HD. OS X starts up, and the CD should release as usual (drag it to the trash).

BTW what do you mean "I know it would get past it"? That's what you want to do is get past it!

EDIT: ashkonee may have something too, if you ever see a Windows desktop. Open My Computer, right-click on the DVD, and select Eject. But I don't think you are seeing a Windows desktop, right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.