help with battlefield 2142

Reaction score
I just got this game...is anyone familar with it? I downloaded it onto my macbook and when i start a game theres no graphics, I can see the sky and my character model but i cant see the grounde detail buildings vehicles ect...im asuming its a graphics problem but how or can i fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
My first take on this would be the integrated graphics card in your macbook can't handle the graphics of the game. I think it needs a dedicated graphics card from an imac or macbook pro for example. Not 100% sure on this though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
It should be able to handle it i have COD4 on a Windoze Partition that run great have you tried changing games display settings. Or it could be that your drivers aren't updated.

OP
T
Reaction score
how could my drivers not be updated on a brand new computer....how/where do i update them....

I tried changeing the video settings to the lowest setting, it should work, i mean i can see character models and the sky models, and the opening movies played great.

OP
T
Reaction score
Intel GMA X3100 is the card that i have in my macbook im asuming this is my problem, but i also read that this card should be able to handle the game. So is this card my problem or is it something else?....

Reaction score
that card will not run BF

a macbook cannot run BF even at lower settings... integrated graphics are not powerful enough to run that game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.