Parallel Desktop using Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought my first mac, I have couple of engineering softwares which works with windows only thus I decided to first install BootCamp so that I can get all the RAM in windows while using those software.

Later I decided to install Parallel Desktop and it worked perfectly fine, until I plugged in an 250 GB external drive and formatted it into MAC OS Journaled and FAT32 partitions using disk utility. Now if I switch on Parallel it gives me following error:

"More that one Windows partitions are found. This is not a standard Boot Camp configuration. Please refer to the Parallel Desktop for Mac Users Guide, Using Boot Camp Windows XP Installation chapter for instruction on how to configure Parallel Virtual machine in case of a non-standard Boot camp configuration on your Mac."

I am not able to interpret what I should do for getting this thing working. Can anyone help me in making this work.

Thanks and Regard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
If you unplug the ext 250gb drive do you continue to get the error?

Is there an update to Parallels?

OP
M
Reaction score
Pulling out the hard disk takes away the problem. I am not able to update this version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.