power source...Help!!!

Reaction score
Just wondering if this has happened to any of you here. Sometimes, when I plug in the power to my MBP, a light doesn't come on. I have to take it out and then place it in again, then it will work.

Should I get this replaced? Will my one year warranty cover this? I don't have apple care, but the MBP is less than a year old.

Let me know.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Try resetting the PRAM, as instructions outline on the Apple Support site. That might reset the power management portion of the Logic Board. If that doesn't work, I would suggest bringing it in to a Genius Bar to have them take a look.

OP
T
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is the safe thing to do....anyone ever have this problem? It happened again last night. I plugged it in, no light, I took it out and flipped it, plugged it back in, then it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
check to make sure that the contacts on both the plug and the computer are clean and free of any derbies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
make sure the socket that you are using isn't loose either. by that i mean make sure that it isn't worn out and it will firmly hold a large plug.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.