What's wrong with Mail ?

Reaction score
Is it me, or does Mail have some weird issues and is kind of buggy all round ?

I'm on Leopard now, but even in Tiger, I felt uncomfortable with Mail, and the .Mac service.

First, I'm not in the U.S., and very frequently there are connection problems to my .Mac mail account, sometimes it goes offline, sometimes there is a certificate error .... Do you guys experience this with .Mac and Mail ?

Sending messages takes longer than other email clients, and the weird thing is some emails I send don't go in the 'Send' column, so don't even know whether they were sent.

I sent one if the HTML stationary emails with Mail, heard the whoosh sound, but never showed up in the Send column .. as if it were never sent.

Is this common with some of you ? Thunderbird on Mac never has any of these issues, is Mail just an inferior mail client ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
And I can't erase 3 messages in mail.

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Was having problems with Mail in Leopard. For me the only fix was to boot from the install DVD, go to utilities, verify disk and then repair permissions from there. Takes about twenty minutes so give i time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.