Boot Camp without upgrading to Leopard?

Reaction score
I have a copy of Leopard, but don't like many of the new features, so I want to stay with Tiger. However, I want to take advantage of Boot Camp. Does anyone know of a way to install and use Boot Camp without installing all of Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Nope... none that I'm aware of anywho. Your best option would be to do a bare, minimal install of Leopard just to be able to manage Boot Camp. Then install Tiger to a new partition. You can use Leopard to make your Windows partition afterwards. Choose what you want to boot into by holding down the OPTION key while booting, or use a chooser like rEFIt. The downside here is you are sacrificing some disk space to host Leopard, but it's the only alternative I can think of.

Reaction score
if you can get a hold of the bootcamp beta dmg then maybe the old trick (setting your date back on your mac) still works and you can create a boot camp partition with the beta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
- Just create partitions
- install second OS
- install refit
and dual boot..... No need of Bootcamp at all. BC has still long way to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I have a copy of Leopard, but don't like many of the new features, so I want to stay with Tiger.

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to use Leopard. It's no different from Tiger in everyday use. The new 'features' are cover flow (which you can turn off) and stacks, which you can ignore.

What features don't you like?

You'll need to go onto Leopard eventually.

Reaction score
oh if you have leopard why not just install leopard create your bootcamp partition, install windows, and after that install tiger on the mac partition and erase your leopard install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
a beta of bootcamp will work if you can find a dmg, i was able to find one a while back but cant find it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
How will beta of bootcamp still work. It's already expired right??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Setting the date back??.... only during installation or permanently??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
The date should just be for creating partition and driver cd.
Once installed it should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
As said, bootcamp users who still had it, it didnt stop it from working, it just wont get any updates, but your windows install and bootcamp still function, you just cant update it, or redo it.

What i suggested was simply doing a bootcamp install prior to the expiration, make an image of the fresh install, and then you dont have worries about having to install it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.