• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Review the last movie you saw

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Don't watch The International. I kept thinking it was going to get better but then the movie ended. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Speaking of movies. Bump. Need suggestions. Watching The Soloist tonight.
I've been wanting to watch that, last night I watch the unrated directors cut of Rob Zombies Halloween 1, it was pretty good and I enjoy the new twisted Micheal, however this is not your fathers Halloween film, it's pretty gruesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Valkyrie sucked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66GHz 320GB; 8GB OG iPhone
District 9 was ok. Def a different perspective on an alien movie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
G-Force - what do you think! It's ok for kids, good animation, ridiculous story. Forked out extra for 3 D. Can't say it's ever worth it to be honest.
This is what you have to put up with when you have a 10 year old.
Still, The Final Destination opens here Friday. I'll see that for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8gig iPhone 3g; 2.0Ghz Mini
District 9 was ok. Def a different perspective on an alien movie

Absolutely agree. I saw it and I honestly don't know what to think. Not in a bad way though, just way different from what I expected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Saw three movies last night.

American Pie: Naked Mile - Not bad. Lots of boobies, that's definitely not bad. It was cheesy though and definitely a straight to DVD release.

Lars and the Real Girl - Wierd as poop and I couldn't help but laughing through a good portion of this movie. I believe the main role is played by the guy who plays young Noah in The Notebook. He lives in the garage off from where his brother & wife live in the house that they inherited from their parents. He doesn't like social or physical contact and after his cube mate shows him a site of anatomically correct sex dolls, he orders one and believes that it's a real woman due to a delusional state of mind. He puts his family and town through having to pretend this thing is real just to help him with his problems.

I ended up laughing at the times he has this sex doll in all kinds of ackward situations, the one I almost felt bad about was when he took his girlfriend to a christmas party for his work co-workers. I still don't know what to make of this movie.

The Soloist - Insprirational to say the least? Downey and Foxx did a good job in this. It's pretty much cut and dry and was an entertaining movie. Even though it's not the best movie I've ever seen, I'd still recommend it for one of those nights that you don't have anything high on your list you need to watch.

I'm going to be wathcing Fighting tonight. Dunno what I think of that one yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Absolutely agree. I saw it and I honestly don't know what to think. Not in a bad way though, just way different from what I expected.

I thought it was good. It put a real spin on the Alien meets human genre. How many movies have human looking aliens with superior technology come down to Earth and try to destroy us? Other than being bipedal, the Prawns had nothing in common with humanity, they were like a disease that hit and wouldn't go away, it could only be detained.

Even those that were paid to work with the aliens didn't even respect them, I mean, neither species could understand the other for the most part. And everything finally changes when what happens to Wikus, happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I saw "Fighting" last night. The first 30 minutes were interesting and then it just got boring. I had some where I had to be so I ended up (watching on PS3 BTW) putting it on 1.5x speed where you can still hear the voice and watched it on the way through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
District 9

Absolutely loved this film. Just watched it. Anyone who wants a glimpse into what apartheid was like should watch this film. Everything that happened to the aliens in this movie pretty much happened in real life during the apartheid years. Ironically, the director is from Johannesburg where the film was shot.

I'm not going to give a blow-by-blow, just watch it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I saw 9 last night. I've been waiting to see this since the previews first appeared on Apple's website quite a while back.

It was a good movie. I don't think it quite lived up to my expectations, but I did enjoy it. It's only 79 minutes long, but it's definitely going to end up in my Blu Ray collection when it's finally hits video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I went to see The Final Destination in 3D yesterday.
Not bad, but nothing too new of course, but some very good use of 3D (which I'm not a big fan of anyway). Certainly some moments that made you dodge in your chair.
If you've seen the others, you don't need to see this, the concept is old now, but they are inventive in the way things happen, and they have made it ever more gory as the series has progressed.
I hope it is the last one, but it was entertaining, a solid 7 out of 10 from me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
A little bit older movie, however still a goodie.

I say changling the other day, a good drama thriller and also sends a little chill down your spine since this is off of a real story. Just when you thought it would have been the end of the movie it keeps going on a little slow in some places although. But even considering the few bad spots here and there I have to say it was some **** good acting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Changeling was on HBO last night, but I took a nap instead of watching it. Some one only let me get 3 hours of sleep the night before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I saw Waltz with Bashir, an animated documentary about the Lebanese invasion in the late 1980's.
As one who actually enjoys documentaries, I have to say that the animation was a breath of fresh air from the typical "talking head" handheld gritty presentation so many documentaries are prone to.
There actually is a purpose to the animation. During the interviews, we the audience are hearing about their experiences fabricated visually through the animation. It kind of reminds us that maybe those speaking are fabricating the truth. It really messes with the ideas of reality, until the very end. I won't spoil it, since it is a documentary that has to be experienced. However, to me it is a film about consequence. We may not remember how we got to where we are today, and no matter how much we try to fabricate or recreate history, we live in the present and face the consequences of actions past. The only truth to history is the manner in which we live in the present.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.