• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to ask for a girl's number?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Sounds interesting.

Generally, I won't approach someone until I have something interesting to say. After that, I am pretty good with carrying on a conversation (as long as the other person isn't a dead horse).

Also, I do not approach girls to pick them up. Ever. I don't think I ever have. I approach them because I want to talk to someone. This helps, as I never seem too interested (and I pretty much never am).

Oh, and you only have like two minutes to say something once you make eye contact. Longer than that and you seem like some creep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Try This.......

Ask her: Did it Hurt?
She Will Answer: Did what hurt?
You Answer: When you fell from heaven....

Works everytime..... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Try This.......

Ask her: Did it Hurt?
She Will Answer: Did what hurt?
You Answer: When you fell from heaven....

Works everytime..... :)

That has been through the original stage, went to the totally unoriginal to the point of annoyingness stage, than went to the good-because-it-is-obviously-not-for-serious-so-its-kinda-cute stage, and is now firmly back into the unoriginal/annoying stage.

But you could try it anyway :Smirk:

Reaction score
That has been through the original stage, went to the totally unoriginal to the point of annoyingness stage, than went to the good-because-it-is-obviously-not-for-serious-so-its-kinda-cute stage, and is now firmly back into the unoriginal/annoying stage.

That was an excellent analysis of the stages by which a pick-up line has been processed!

I really got a laugh out of it! Bravo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Girls LOVE confidence. Do NOT say, unless you don't want to give it to me....

Be direct and say Hey, can I get your number and call you some time? Be CONFIDENT!

If she says no, persist respectfully over time. Eventually you may wear her down.

I'm married 11 years this March and the first 5 times I asked my wife out she said no.

:)

T

Reaction score
You could ask her to use her cell phone and then get her number off it it ;) lol.
Then call her and put on your sexeh voice and say "hey bebeh, you and me, dinner at 7, it'll be heaven, it's a date, don't be late, it'll be great, maybe it's fate, taxes i hate, my friends name is Kate, and when i fish i use worms as bait. Buh bye, and don't die."

LOL. Okay that was not serious advice at all obviously.
But anyway, maybe if it works out you will get a discount at the store!

Reaction score
Girls LOVE confidence. Do NOT say, unless you don't want to give it to me....

Be direct and say Hey, can I get your number and call you some time? Be CONFIDENT!

If she says no, persist respectfully over time. Eventually you may wear her down.

I'm married 11 years this March and the first 5 times I asked my wife out she said no.

T

Perseverance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Hmmm...well, I'm a girl and if I were you, I would make some small talk and then just say "Hey, can I call you sometime?"

mac747 is right! Girls like confidence. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Always be confident and don't put her into a stressful situation or she'll instantly try to avoid confrontation with a no or silence.

At this age the girl (if she's the same/similar age as you are) probably isn't too experienced with guys being confident enough to ask her out directly in a store like that. She'll be impressed you even had the guts to straight up ask her, unless she really gets around and is full of herself, at which point she not good enough for you.

Now, I would suggest not directly asking for her number off the bat. Engage her and make good eye contact and ask a question about an item. use small talk to see if she's even remotely interested. If she's just like "another customer" and doesn't even make eye contact with you, she won't be comfortable with someone asking her out at work, or maybe she just isn't interested (which isn't a problem). If she is eager to answer questions and engages you, you can move on to some small talk. This doesn't mean a conversation, it can be a simple question or something about yourself that connects her with you and makes you stand out as more than just a customer.

Then you can ask her out. I would suggest asking if she would want to do something, and then get her number as a result (as contact information) rather than just being creepy and asking her to give out her number to a stranger.

Go with something casual, as people have said. Coffee or lunch, anything where the setting isn't too intimate and it appears to be a more casual hey I want to get to know you, not hey I want to get in your pants. It also allows for security. She knows if she;s in a public place there's less to worry about.

How you ask the question is a little more complex. Keep it simple, and keep it casual. Avoid yes or no questions. After you've established a connection socially, say something like "We should hang out sometime". This does not directly ask her "Do you want to..." it implies that you're a sociable character and it's normal for you to hang out with people, and also doesn't force her to say yes or no.

Always be confident. Don't bring up the option of rejection. If she does reject you, keep your spirits up and if it wasn't too harsh perhaps pursue just a friendly relationship, as it's easier for her to accept an invitation when she knows you as friend.

Ultimately, I think you should receive her number as a byproduct of the interaction, not as the goal of it. Thus the woman feels appreciated and connected to you rather than just another chick in your contacts.

Confidence and Casuality(?) are key. Be chill, it shouldn't be a big deal. The less pressure on her means the more appealing you come across, and the easier it is to say yes to you, rather than scaring her off with a really blunt or creepy request.

My 2 cents (or maybe dollars, this things a book eh?).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I'm not sure that I can contribute anything constructive, but if you get turned down, there's a nice Aussie pub at the river (about 3 buildings down from the Hooter's on the waterfront). Get a Vittoria Bitter and a bowl of chips (french fries) and you'll be good to go. Either that or check out the Sushi place just down from the Apple store (I believe in the vicinity of Orchard Tower if I remember correctly). That Apple store (well, it's actually kind of a mini-store compared to those here state-side) is pretty nice... they even clued me in on how to get my GST back when I bought some stuff there (headphones, iPod cord, iPod power adapter, iPod case). Nice people.

At the very least you can take a ride on the train... with the cool very British announcing lady. Quite possibly the best public transit system ever.

P.S.

I like Singapore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Don't ask for her number! Ask her if you can bring her a soda/coffee or something to drink on her next break. Then spend 10-15 minutes talking and getting to know her, and she will get to know you. That 10-15 minutes will tell her/you if you should go further.

This way you only loose 10-15 minutes and so does she. Be honest.

Maybe even tell her:

"I was in the shop the other day and was wondering if you might want to spend you next break together. I could bring you a soda or something to drink? I was thinking we could take a few minutes together and see if we had anything in common."

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Ok. I've decided on passing her a note, so that I won't really disturb her much and stuff. I know this isn't exactly the best idea, but I dunno, I just feel good with this one. Gonna get my guts now to execute this.. haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
A Note?

Wimp LOL your asking for friendship and the note will mean to her is that you have no confidence and that your imature... sorry you should of read this thread closer there was alot of good advice on it...

LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Ok. I've decided on passing her a note, so that I won't really disturb her much and stuff. I know this isn't exactly the best idea, but I dunno, I just feel good with this one. Gonna get my guts now to execute this.. haha

Do a yes/no/maybe note! Pleeeeeease! If you can pull it off right, it will be super cute!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i've never attempted to pick up a girl who i wasn't already friends with, but I have seen this work with one of my lady friends ( a guy did it to her) but you'd have to get this girl to be the one to ring you up.

It was quite simple actually, the guy got the receipt from my friend and said "wait, i don't see any numbers on this" and she proceeded to show him the dollar amounts and he responded "no i mean your number" she wrote it down and they continued to hang out all summer.

oh and the yes / no / maybe note.. Ive seen it work once. but they were already friends and the kid didn't write yes / no / maybe.. he only wrote "yes" or "hells yes"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Whatever you do, DO NOT try the "Can I have your number, cause I lost mine?" approach ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Whatever you do, DO NOT try the "Can I have your number, cause I lost mine?" approach ;)

LOL. Funny "can i have your number, cuz i lost mine?"

Just sweet talk her mate if you know how you know like say she looks beautiful don't do a note thats for wimps (not saying you are just the way you are going about it with a note is:).

All i can think of at the moment but good luck what ever way you choose to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Have you tried asking a friend for her number then texting...

Hey this is (you)
*little message here* ;)
Love (you)
xxxxxxxx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Have you tried asking a friend for her number then texting...

Hey this is (you)
*little message here* ;)
Love (you)
xxxxxxxx

Right because stalkers ALWAYS get the girl! :)

T

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.