Microsoft Entourage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
When I purchased my iMac last month I also purchased Microsoft 2004 for Mac. I'm new to Mac, having ran Windows for many years and felt more comfortable having access to Excel and Word on the Mac. I've heard good things about Entourage 2008, which I'll get as an upgrade as soon as Microsoft ships Office 2008 for Mac. Can I use Entourage for my home email account or is meant to run on an office network.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
I use Entourage 2004 for my home e-mail and it works perfectly. I'm not sure about the office networking, but for home e-mail (msn or hotmail) it works like a charm.;D

Reaction score
I switched to Macs at home in 2006 after using PCs since 1981. I've used Outlook since it was first released, and still use it at work. When I went Mac, I used Entourage as well, at first, given my comfort with Outlook.

I quickly realized that the MS implementation of Entourage (and Office generally) was woefully less sophisticated and feature-rich than than its Windows software. It also did not play as well with other Mac programs as I would have liked (sync'g in particular).

Therefore, I stopped using Entourage and now use Apple's Mail, iCal, and Address Book programs. It's nice having all that in one program (as in Outlook or Entourage), but Apple's integration of these three programs makes it pretty easy to go from one to the other (or have one access the other), and they all integrate with any other Mac program that needs that data (and with synchronizing through .Mac or other iSync enabled programs).

You might want to consider trying the Apple programs and see how you like them (they are also considerably less resource intensive than Entourage, which currently is not a universal program so it's running under Rosetta).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Entourage doesn't know if it is in your home or a business, nor does it care. It is just an e-mail client from what I can tell (it's what I use). It can receive e-mail from anything a normal e-mail client can. They say it can do Hotmail and MSN, but I tried setting up Entourage for a friend using his existing Qwest MSN account and could never get it to work. I guess maybe the lesson is "don't use MSN"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.