G3 Wallstreet/AppleWorks?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new on here.

I recently got a used G3 Wallstreet. I find it works pretty well for what I wanted it for-internet browsing, sometimes listening to music, sometimes MSN, etc. etc. Sometimes I would also use the notepad, but I really want to get a word processor for it, and I was thinking of getting AppleWorks...is there a site that I can download this from for free? Something else that was bugging me-when I start up the laptop, it goes comes on with Mac. 9.2, and then I click XPostFacto, and it will restart, going into 10.2.8...if I weren't to restart it in 10.2.8, would it run a bit quicker? Or, if I were to delete XPostFacto, would it run a lot faster with 9.2? What if I wanted to get the 10.2.8 after I deleted it? Could I just download it off a site or something? Thanks to anyone who answers. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you get the restore discs with your purchase? Appleworks is usually included in the Applications disc.

If you delete X.2.8 you need the install discs for that operating system. A G3 Wallstreet with a reasonable amount of RAM should handle X.2 very well indeed.

Here is a link to your machine specifications.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/stats/powerbook_g3_233.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.