well ive gone and done it

Reaction score
just got back from the apple shop with a 2.4 Imac and a 2.2 mac book pro and a thin wallet :)

question the Imac came with tiger on it and a drop in dvd for leopard , is this a full disk that i can restore the imac with or is it an upgrade ?

the MBP has leopard on as is with the install disk

are these disks tied to the machines ?

there are no serial no.s as in the pc world is this normal

soory for the dumb questions as these are my first Mac's i have had PC for as long as i can remember , I have got fed up with vistas antics ( bugs ent all )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Usually only the retail copy of Leopard can upgrade all machines that meet the basic spec

I would think it safest to assume disks hat come with a machine will only work on that spec machine

M

MacHeadCase

just got back from the apple shop with a 2.4 Imac and a 2.2 mac book pro and a thin wallet :)

question the Imac came with tiger on it and a drop in dvd for leopard , is this a full disk that i can restore the imac with or is it an upgrade ?

the MBP has leopard on as is with the install disk

are these disks tied to the machines ?

there are no serial no.s as in the pc world is this normal

soory for the dumb questions as these are my first Mac's i have had PC for as long as i can remember , I have got fed up with vistas antics ( bugs ent all )

Yes those disks are restore disks (not retail full install disks which work on any Mac model, as louishen mentioned above) and are hardware specific meaning you won't be able to use one's restore disk on the other, it will not work.

Keep them safely they are essential and contain diagnostic tools for each of your Macs.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks

as these are my first "toe in the water" in the apple world its a bit confusing with different terms ect. I am waiting for thebook called missing manual

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
thanks

as these are my first "toe in the water" in the apple world its a bit confusing with different terms ect. I am waiting for thebook called missing manual

"toe in the water" - an MBP and an iMac - not sure if that's a toe in the water or an Olympic class dive with little twists and what have you :)

Congrats on your purchases - you're gonna love them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.