iphoto issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
is there anyway I choose the directory for the iphoto library?

I know a lot of people complain about iphoto's organization and how it duplicates files, etc. but to be honest, once you figure it out and make it work for you it's actually a pretty decent app and I kind of like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You can put your iPhoto Library where you want.

Example.

With iPhoto not launched Drag your iPhoto Library to where you want it to be .
Say an external HDD

Launch iPhoto and you will get a pane asking what you have done with your library. You can then point to it via the pane.

Another way is to make two or more libraries. Launch iPhoto holding down the option key and then you can chose to create another library. You can then swop between them by launching iPhoto holding the option key or you can get a 3rd party iphoto library manager (Not sure if there are any that are Leo compatible as yet)
Good Luck:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks. I am *very* pleased

Reaction score
help guys

dont laugh i have just splashed out on some mac gear a mbp and imac

now the MBP came with leopard on and the imac had the drop in disk for leopard

question the MBP has i photo but the imac does not , where did it go i have looked in the cupboards under the bush in the garden but cannot find it

BTW these are my first MAC's as i have got fed up with that os called vista so I may have missed something silly, I now do not know why i did not make the move before

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it should be under in applications folder. click on the hard drive icon on your desktop (probably titled Macintosh HD unless you renamed it).

click the applications folder icon on the left panel

alternative you could open finder and search for it (press and hold the apple key, then press space) type in iphoto

Reaction score
I have it sorted, reinstalled the bundled software from the tiger disks that has fixed it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.