my 15" MBP battery last for about 1.5 hours b4 it dies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Depending on what you're doing while running on battery power, that's pretty standard. The increased video RAM and higher-end components require more battery power. Then again, if you're just letting the MBP sit there doing nothing and it dies after 1.5 hours, you may have a problem...install the Dashboard Widget called iStat Pro (it's free from Apple's Widget site), and look to see what it rates your battery's health as. Anything less than 80% health, and you're going to see a marked decrease in performance.

OP
D
Reaction score
my battery shows 77 cycles and 49% health. NOt sure what all that means but it doesn't sound good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
It sounds to me like you just leave your computer plugged in all the time, so the battery needs to be cycled. Unplug it, let it drain COMPLETELY, then charge it up all the way. Repeat this a few times and see if that health rating comes up at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
It sounds to me like you just leave your computer plugged in all the time, so the battery needs to be cycled. Unplug it, let it drain COMPLETELY, then charge it up all the way. Repeat this a few times and see if that health rating comes up at all.

I leave my mbp plugged in all the time, it's kept the health at a constant 93% for the past 3 months. When I first got the MBP, I charged it only whenever I needed and my battery life dropped immediatly to 96, 95, 94, and when I calibrated it it dropped another to 93%. I don't know if I calibrated it correct, but I did charge the battery fully and left it on for several hours, then drained it and let it sleep for several hours and then recharged it. No sucess. My friend has also done the same thing, and we got ours at the same time, and his battery life is 97% compared to my 93%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.