Removing photos from iPod Photo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this must be a well-worn topic, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very appreciative. My iBook hard drive recently crashed and I didn't get a chance to back up my photos properly. These are all on my iPod Photo, but of course there is no straightforward way to transfer them back onto my mac. Can anyone recommend a program that can do this for me, or some shortcut that has thus far eluded me in my cyber searches? If it's absolutely necessary to buy one online, I'm happy to do it, but I'd like to use one that's tried and tested. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
The photos on your iPod are not the full photo from your computer. So even after xfering them back, you couldn't make prints or look at them in a decent resolution.

There is a program to do what you want. I forgot the name. A search in these forums will find it for you though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
The only pics that are synced are converted as stated above. The only way they will look OK is if you clicked a tiny checkbox in itunes that said something like "sync full resolution photos" Otherwise they were shrunk to 320 x 240.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.