Us Mini in UK?

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm just about to take the plunge and probably get a Mac Mini and I'm wondering if I can buy a US Mac Mini for use predominantly in the UK.

The things I'm concerned with are whether I'll need a special power converter (and where i can get it from), as well as OS X locations which will impact keyboard layout, dvd playback etc.

Can anyone let me know if I'll be ok and/or what I might need to buy or change to make it workable.

Please excuse any stupid questions I may have asked, I'm new to the Mac world and am looking for advice from those with experience.

Thanks in advance.

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHz / Mac Mini 1.66 GHz
I've bought a mini from america and use it in the uk..

all you need is a socket converter, so you can plug the american 2pin plug in a uk 3pin socket (they cost a few quid)

Apple use one keyboard layout. the UK and american keyboards are the same.

when you first insert a DVD you have to choose a region, and it can be changed up to 5 times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4/4/320/Leopard, 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger
Wow, yeah, at the current exchange rate the US Mini will save you 100 quid. Yikes. That's the difference between a 1.83 and a 2.0 right there.
--Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Purchasing items with the Euro plug for use here in Australia it is simply a matter of purchasing a $5 lead locally as they all seem to be 100-240 volt universal powered systems.

In fact for an external HDD an electric jug cord did the job!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
just that your Mini will be left hand drive

Only joking, I have bought twice from the Sates and had no problems

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Did you buy them from the US Apple site? I didn't think you could ship outside of US from there.

Just wondering as I'm going to be getting a mini soon and it wouldn't hurt to get the better model for the price of the lower model =p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.