Universal App

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been using a beta build of the Rhino3D for macs thats in development and find it useful for little modelling changes. The problem I have is for some strange reason the application has turned from a universal application into a classic application and now leopard wont let me run it:S

Ive tried reinstalling with no productive result.

I was wondering if osx works a bit like windows and if I rename the the file to something like .app will that make it universal again...

thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you upgraded OS X recently

is Rhino listed as compatible with 10.5?

ask the developers, since they will want to solve this problem just as much as you

OP
T
Reaction score
i its compatible but the program is in very early developments.

Sinced I have downloaded and reinstalled I dont think its a problem solvable at the developer end.

The simple question I ask is basically, can I change the extention of the file to make it think its a universal app. I have tried .app and that makes a classic app, is there a different extention perhaps? Gurus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
nope, app is just that like exe on windows

That .app application is actually a folder with the complete application resources inside.

Try installing the app in a different user account (create one) to see if the problem is just something to do with your user account

then get back to us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Have you tried getting info on the app file. and check open using rosetta. Worth a shot....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.