New Mac Owner - Need your helps - Thanks

Reaction score
Hello....just would like to introduce myself, and I also need your help. :)
I've had my macbook for a few months now, and last night I had a software update. I did the software update, and took off for the night hanging out with some friends. Anyhow.....this morning it keeps taking me to the Mac OS X Setup assistant. As if I just bought the mac, and started over???:[ When I go through the steps.....it keeps taking back to the start up screen to enter my information again.....What happened? And what can I do? :( I hope I posted in the correction section.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I THINK there was a thread about this a few weeks ago. Sounds like you might've changed the name of your Home folder (a HUGE Mac no-no) or something like that. See if you've done that.

After a little searching, I found http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89473&highlight=setup+assistant which seems to be the problem you are experiencing. Try that solution thread/link posted in there, and get back with us.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.