Desktop clock Tiger vs Leopard?

Reaction score
I just switched to Leopard and the clock (with day/date) that was once on my desktop is now gone and I can't find an option for it in the Leopard Date/Time prefs. Did Mac get rid of this in Leopard? Of course I can still use the one on the tool bar, but I miss the one that floated as a small, translucent square on the desk top in Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It should be the second item under System Preferences>Systems>Date & Time.

You have to manual click your selections.

OP
T
Reaction score
I tried that:
Went to system prefs>date and time> ... the only options I see are "show date and time in menu bar" but nothing about showing it on the desktop.
search;_ylc=X3oDMTRmc3JxdTY0BEFjdGlvbgNTd2l0Y2ggdmlldwRJbnRsA3VzBExua1R5cANSZWd1bGFyBFBhcnRUeXBlA0FUJlQgWWFob28hBFNyY2hDdXJyA3Bob3RvBFNyY2hEZXN0A2F0dGFjaG1lbnQEX1F1ZXJ5SWQDMjEzNzA3MDAyMDQ3ODI2NDAwOTYwYmQEX1MDMTUwNTAwNjgz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC ALU, 2.8GHZ, 4GB ram, 750gb HD, Leopard OSX.
Hi,

Sadly the clock feature has been lost in Leopard.

I like you miss it but for some obscure reason Apple decided to remove this Tiger feature. Goodness knows why.

You now have to look up to the top right of your screen to see the day and time.
A bummer and I for one am baffled by it's removal.

Maybe it will be reinstated in the next service pack,..... to use a Microsoft term.

OP
T
Reaction score
... thanks, so I'm not the only one who misses it. It will take awhile for me to stop habitually looking at the lower right portion of my screen!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.