Not reading external HD???HELP

Reaction score
Hello, I have a slight problem, I have an external HD and my MAC could read it but couldn't write anything on it(it was formated on PC) so I bought this program from Paragon so that I can write on NTFS formated HD's, BUT before I did this I did alittle cleaning and emptied my trash, over 13gigs, so I thought I was going something good but now I cannot read my external HD and some programs won't work....*** did I delete something I wasn't supposed to?? I went in the searh engine to see if anyone else had this problem but no luck. This is what I did to try and fix the problem: I went to the Disk Ulity and I can see the external HD so I clicked verify disk, repair disk, and nothing. It's not showing up on my desktop but I can see in the Disk Ulity, also with yahoo messenger I erased the old one and download again but it will only show up in disk ulity but will not launch or anything. Did I delete something that was in my trash that I might of needed to launch and see what I'm trying to do? The reason why messenger is so important I am a soldier, and that is the main way me and my wife commuicate. I have a G4 Powerbook 1.5GHz 2gb I bought in 05 it never gave me problems :) until now:( so if anyone had a problem like that before I would appreciate any input or help. Thanks for taking 2mins of your life reading my problems :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
In Disk Utility can you use the mount button to mount the disk.

Also, if a friend as a windows pc, run Chkdsk on the disk

If yu have downloaded yahoo messeneger and it appears as a disk on the desktop, copy the application over to your applications to get it to work properly, also frag its icon from applications and add it to the doc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.