Need help placing windows on macbook

Reaction score
Hi all, first i would like to apologize if my english is bad. first time posting on an american website :Grimmace:

i received a macbook as a christmas gift (good gift!), but i have found out i need to put windows on there to run certain programs. i am not really good at computers and am not sure what to do. a friend said to run bootcamp, but when i try to download bootcamp it says i have to have leopard, but i don't have it.

is there a fast simple way to learn how to dual boot to windows xp? i have my old xp cd too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
You can use Parallels Desktop or similar virtual system to run windows within OS X, so there's no need to reboot. This is perhaps the simplest method and with the newer macs the performance is very good indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
For all those who have not upgraded to leopard and had bootcamp partition which has not been removed... just install rEFIt and you'll be able to boot in to the Windows partition also.

OP
K
Reaction score
Where can you get Parallels Desktop? I googled and download Parallels Desktop for mac but the file is .exe and just opens text editor when i try and run it

edit: figured it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.