New iMacs, when?

Reaction score
I have returned my iMac due to some problems. Got it exchanged three times. This time i took my money back and thinking of buying next revision of the iMac instead. According to this there will be a new one within one month... is this anything to trust?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'd say a minor speed update was possible between June and September. I'd be surprised to see anything before then.

That buyer's guide is a bit alarmist. A Mac Pro update is due this month, and maybe a new mini laptop, but nothing much else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4/4/320/Leopard, 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger
I'd say a minor speed update was possible between June and September. I'd be surprised to see anything before then.

I'd say probably before June, but not likely at MacWorld.

--Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
After june might get a speed update nothing before that i'm afraid

OP
M
Reaction score
Okey, then its not worth waiting. What do you mean with "a little speed bump"? Are they going to adopt the new Penryn cpu? New gfx-cards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
They only brought out the current line up a few months ago - will be awhile yet before the iMac line gets a major update.

Reaction score
I would expect a small speed upgrade before june!

The new penryn core 2 duos are available now for PC building, I can't see Apple waiting until june before changing. Quad core will probably be common place by then.

Reaction score
You can't wait though, you could wait for ever, there will always be something better on the horizon when it comes to computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
It doesn't ever really pay to wait too long. At this point, though, I'd wait until after Macworld Expo and the "Stevenote" presentation, just in case. It wouldn't be unheard of to get a surprise release of something cool, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything big in the iMac line anytime soon. If anything, I'd suspect the regular MacBook line might get revamped a little bit (styling wise), but the rest of the lineup is pretty new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.