Internet Browsing on the iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 500gb HD, 2gb RAM, other stuff too i guess.
I'm considering getting the new iPod touch. As far as the wi-fi it has built in, is there a subscription necessary to browse the internet, or is it just that i sync it to the wireless router in my house and I'm good to go? Also, is it a limited internet similar to those on blackberrys and other devices, or can you do just about anything you can do on your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I'm considering getting the new iPod touch. As far as the wi-fi it has built in, is there a subscription necessary to browse the internet, or is it just that i sync it to the wireless router in my house and I'm good to go? Also, is it a limited internet similar to those on blackberrys and other devices, or can you do just about anything you can do on your computer?

It's a full web browser (minus certain plugins such as flash). There is no subscription required for the Wi-Fi. You can use public wi-fi as well as the Wi-Fi in your house (if available).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 500gb HD, 2gb RAM, other stuff too i guess.
what about the webapps for the ipod touch.. do you generally have to pay for these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
The apple web apps are complettly free they can be fun and quiete useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
what about the webapps for the ipod touch.. do you generally have to pay for these?

Nope, they are free. I've been playing Duck Hunt on my iPhone for the past hour here at work :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Most are free. I don't want to say they all are because it is possible one of the developers of them may want to start charging a fee.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.