• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gosh i LOVE the Penelope SNL skits!

Reaction score
Hello M-F,

Well, this is the highlight of my week. Saturday Night Live:D, one of the few shows i watch on a regular basis.
My favorite skit they do is the one with the girl named "Penelope" played by Kristen Wiig. They are so stupid/weird/bizarre in a funny way. If you haven't seen any of them then you can look on YouTube. Here is a transcript of an episode which is from this site.
(Guests are at a hotel meeting looking at the table with all the food)

Lou: Wow Lisa, I can't believe you made these.

Lisa: Aw you know some time these meetings go on a little to long so I thought I'd make something to snack on.

Gina: oh god you made brownies too?

Lisa: Yeah I never made this recipe before so I hope it turns out okay.

(Penelope comes in)

Penelope: I have. I used this recipe before so, just used that recipe before, so my mom used to make that kind of brownie, so I grew up with that kinda brownie soo their not new to me soo just make them all the time so made them before.

Lisa: Hi I'm Lisa, you must be Penelope, you just moved in right?

Penelope: Yeah I just moved in so I'm probably the newest tenant here so.

Gina: Hi I'm Gina.

Lou: Hello Penelope, I'm Lou, welcome to the building. I live in 2g.

Penelope: Yeah I live in 1c, so just one more floor closer to the ground, so in case theirs a fire, I'd probably get out a lot easier than a lot of people, so just safer soo I just like it.

Lisa: Oh, well we're really happy to have you. Hey Gina, by the wat I saw that flyer you put up about planting flowers in the walk way, I think that is a great idea.

Gina: Thanks yeah you know the weather is getting nice so I thought it would be fun, I know I said 8 am, and I know that might be a little early for some people..

Penelope: It's not early for me, so I just get up at like 7, or 6, or 5, so I've been up at like 4, I just love getting up early, so just love getting up earlier than other ppl. I'll probably be the first one there, I usually get up at 3 so..

Lisa: Well there you go I guess it isn't to early (Laughs).

Lou: Hey you know what my grandaughters will be visiting, I should bring them.

Lisa: Aw what a great idea I cant wait to see them.

Lou: Well lucky for you I got some pictures (pulls out wallot)

Gina: Oh their adorable.

Penelope: I have pictures too in my wallot upstairs soo just didn't bring my wallot cause it's really expensive soo just didn't want to bring it so lots of pictures of kids in their so I'll probably bring them all on saturday too soo.

Lisa: Great, great great, well it looks like everyones here so excuse me, I think we should get started, why not everyone if we can find a seat we're going to get going with this meeting.

Penelope: Sit down everybody (Sits)

Lisa: Yeah... okay hi everybody I just want to thank all of you for coming so lets get down to it, does anybody have any issues or concerns?

Jim: Yeah I just want to let everyone know that I'm finally going to take that trip to Italy.

Penelope: Yeah I'm going to italy too soo going to fly first class or something soo you know.

Jim: Yeah I'll be their for two months.

Penelope: I'm going to go for four months soo, twice as long then he's going soo just a little bit longer sooo

Jim: Anyways my brother is going to be watching my plays too.

Penelope: My brother is going to be watching my plays too sooo professional apartment watcher soo

Lisa: Alright that's great really great Penelope... Jim I hope you have a good trip. Okay so lets just move on does anybody else have any buisness...

(Penelope gets up behind Lisa)

Penelope: other buisness, does everybody understand... soo any buisess.

Lisa: Penelope can you please have a seat.

(Penelope sites down)

Penelope: I'm having a seat already, I already took one sooo.

Lisa: Yes Gina.

Gina: Yeah I have a card for everyone to sign, some of you might not know this but Mrs. Jacob's 15 year old cat Whiskers Magee passed away last week...

Penelope: My cat passed away tooo sooo his name was whiskers magee the first sooo, he was 17 years old so just a little bit older than her cat soo it died a few minutes ago too sooo just effects me more soo.

Lisa: That cat was like a child to her.

Penelope: my cat was my child I was pregnant with my cat... I gave birth to it sooo I had my cat baby in the hospital and I had my cat baby shower soo a lot of people there soo.

Lisa: Really you had a cat baby... wow penelope congradulations you know what I think this is a good time for me to tell everyone my good news. I just gave birth to twin cows in my apartment, just so I could have free milk and you know what I am going to keep that milk in my big sized swimming pool thats in my bathroom oh yeah and I'm going to italy to for nine years, and I am going to live in a real live gingerbread house sooo thats what I am going to do soooo probably bigger than yours sooo what do you think of that Penelope.

Penelope: Well I just want to say that I just gave birth to seven baby cows today sooo, I have the bathroom in my apartment that has the ocean in it and I practise swimming in it because I already qualified for the next olympics sooo I'm in italy right now.. and I am made of gingerbread soo.. and when I was born I was a cartoon and I can turn invisible soo.

Lisa: You know what penelope that's enough. This isn't the way we do things around here. You kno what everybody why dont we just continue this meeting in my apartment. And I'm sorry to say Penelope but you're not invited.

Penelope: Thats okay I'm busy anyway I have another meeting to go to sooo Oprah's coming over sooo. I'm going to turn invisible now.

(Penelope turns invisible.)

Submitted by: Anthony Felon

06spenelope1.jpg

06spenelope2.jpg

06spenelope3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
The Penelope skits crack me up too because I work with a girl exactly like that.

Um...don't know if it was really necessary to post the entire transcript of the episode, but, yeah. :)

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
You work with someone like that? That must be, well interesting...

But it probably wasnt a MUST to pust the entire transcript, but some of us can't watch videos online so at least they have something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
it is definitely bizarre. i have not seen it before, but i am usually in bed by the time SNL comes on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Have any videos of it? There aren't any on youtube or NBC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
is it just me or is there not a lot of people my age 18-24 that dont really like snl. my parents love it and all my friends dont really like watching it. it seems there is a generation gap for this show. it doesn't seem as funny as other shows on tv like the chappelle show or others like that. thats just my $.02

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
is it just me or is there not a lot of people my age 18-24 that dont really like snl. my parents love it and all my friends dont really like watching it. it seems there is a generation gap for this show. it doesn't seem as funny as other shows on tv like the chappelle show or others like that. thats just my $.02

Really? I've never seen the chappelle show, i don't think we get the channel that carries that on our dish not that i watch the dish anyways.

I don't really know of a lot of people my age who watch it either, I know people who do, but everyone seems to be into mad tv these days, but IMO they try too hard to be funny and they don't let the weirdness flow like SNL does, and SNL has Weekend Update which is one of my favorite parts of the show, and the only news i actually watch.
But I am disappointed that they took Just Shoot Me out now after SNL its fearless music then right to the space shows which I can't handle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Really? I've never seen the chappelle show, i don't think we get the channel that carries that on our dish not that i watch the dish anyways.

I don't really know of a lot of people my age who watch it either, I know people who do, but everyone seems to be into mad tv these days, but IMO they try too hard to be funny and they don't let the weirdness flow like SNL does, and SNL has Weekend Update which is one of my favorite parts of the show, and the only news i actually watch.
But I am disappointed that they took Just Shoot Me out now after SNL its fearless music then right to the space shows which I can't handle.
all satellite and cable companies carry comedy central. however, the chapelle show is no longer produced, but comedy central still plays re-runs. it is a hilarious show. definitely a different caliber than SNL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wow, she's a combination of a one-upper, an interrupter, and someone who forgets they need to stop talking!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
That was pretty funny.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.