World Of Warcraft? Mac Crashing?

Reaction score
Ok so I have been playing the video game known as WOW for the past couple years. I have been using a 2006 iMac which until yesterday was running on 512mb of RAM.

Yesterday I installed 2GB of RAM into my computer and everything was going great until I got up this morning. I tried to Log into WOW and it keeps crashing the entire computer, causing me to use the power button to turn my iMac off and back on again, after approximately 5 or so minutes of game play.

I am unsure as to what is causing this issue and don't know where to turn. Seeing as how the game ran well(albeit laggy) with 512mb of RAM the only thing I can see that would be causing this is the new RAM I installed.

I am unsure of how to fix this problem and also unsure of where to turn for help.

The rest of my computer is running fantastically well and I don't see any reason that this new RAM would cause the game to crash my entire computer.

Any suggestions would be wonderful(and quitting the game is a possibility but I would like to reserve as a last resort since I have friends from the college that I transfered away from that also play the game and it is one of our only forms of contact).

Thanks for your time and sorry for the long post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Go to the top of the screen to where it says About My Mac and Click on System Profile and go down to memory. What do the RAM sticks say Good, Bad etc. Like this

Picture 1.png

OP
J
Reaction score
it says that they are both good.

It also says that "Mac OS X unexpectedly quit" and thats what forced the restart. It says "do you want to report?" All this comes up after I restart

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.