Trouble Installing Tiger From iPod

Reaction score
Hey all... this one has me stumped! I have a DVD- challenged PowerPC G4 (733 mHz, 1 gig ram) and am trying to re-install 10.4.3 on it via iPod using a firewire cable. I've installed the software (to my knowledge) correctly on the iPod, but am having trouble booting from the iPod. It appears in the start-up disk menu in system preferences, however, when I reboot the computer it does not detect the iPod as a start-up disk, it just goes right to the mac HD. Even when I press "c" it show the mac HD as the only option to boot from. Now, if this does not work, I have heard of booting from the DVD drive of another computer using firewire (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050430005341450)... the question then is... will doing this wipe the computer with the DVD drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Slugzzz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.