System Wont Go To Sleep

K

Keayjo

ok so after i install 10.1.5 my system wont go to sleep somebody please tell me what is goin on it used to work before i updated it.
350Mhz
224 Ram
G4 AGP :confused:

OP
C

chapytoutou

You need to go in the Systhem Preferences and clic on the energy saver button see if its set to never as the option to go to sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
This he tried and even manual sleep won't work. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Do you have any PCI cards installed? Maybe there's a card that 10.1.5 doesn't recognise as being "sleepable"...

BTW, the G4 AGP, aka Sawtooth, never existed with a 350MHz G4. Only the very first G4 PCI, aka Yikes!, had a 350MHz G4. Both have a very different motherboard, maybe 10.1.5 has a problem with that...

OP
K

Keayjo

Avalon said:
Do you have any PCI cards installed? Maybe there's a card that 10.1.5 doesn't recognise as being "sleepable"...

BTW, the G4 AGP, aka Sawtooth, never existed with a 350MHz G4. Only the very first G4 PCI, aka Yikes!, had a 350MHz G4. Both have a very different motherboard, maybe 10.1.5 has a problem with that...

your pretty smart i never knew that..it is an old g4 and i dont have any additional pci cards installed...the only card is the graphics card..i appreciate the knowledge..i guess maybe i should downgrade the os a few updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Well, it's more about doing research on the Net than being smart... ;)
But thanks for the compliment :D

Sorry, can't help you more than that though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.