Mail Problem

Reaction score
Hey guys - longtime lurker first time poster because I have a pretty specific problem and a search didn't help.

The mail function on my G4 Powerbook running Leopard worked for a while then one day just stopped loading mail from my gmail account that i've used forever. I didn't change any preferences or play with any settings.

I recently got an iPhone and the mail feature on this works, it will load and send mail through my gmail username perfectly fine, however, i still dont get copies of mail in my apple mail in box.
The iPhone loads all its info from apple mail right? So how can the phone work but the mail function not?

Help! Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Assume you have updated to 10.5.1?

If so boot the powerbook from the Leopard install disc, go to Utilities > Disk Utility and run Verify Disk. Then run Repair Permissions also from the startup disc.

Be patient will take up to 20 minutes and ighnore all those SUID warnings. let's know how you go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.