iMac G5 Sound

B

bennybenz10

Hi. I was wondering if the iMac G5 came with any sound. Any built in speaker, or something if I were to watch an edited movie or DVD. If not, what speaker is good to get with it?

------update----

I just found that it has built-in stereo speakers. Are they any good?

THANKS!

OP
M

Matt

Hi benybenz10,

I doubt anyone will know here, cause there aren't many or maybe even none members who would own one, though, you might want to give your local Apple Store an email and ask them. There are many good speakers out there, I wouldn't know any good ones though :eek:

GOOD LUCK!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Of course the iMac G5 has speakers, its an all in one machine isn't it. :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
The iMac G4 was an all in one machine and had no speakers built in. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would imagine they're decent speakers. Not top notch, but probably better than what would come with a PC. Steve wouldn't have it any other way. :)

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

It is actually a nice design, the speakers are built in to the bottom on the imac, and bounce off of the surface it stands on, i think it is a lot better than the pro speakers, because those were openly exposed and got REALLY beat up.

OP
A

Animatronica

The iMac G4 was an all in one machine and had no speakers built in.
Actually, The Imac G4 DID have built in speakers. I prefered those over the external ones as they took up a lot less space. The sound quality was pretty bad though.
I would assum esince the new Imac G5 doesnt have any external speakers that its internal ones are half-way decent.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Animatronica said:
Actually, The Imac G4 DID have built in speakers. I prefered those over the external ones as they took up a lot less space. The sound quality was pretty bad though.
I would assum esince the new Imac G5 doesnt have any external speakers that its internal ones are half-way decent.

The iMac G4 had 1 speaker in t, mainly used for system sounds or for if it was in a lobby as a search computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Well, I don't care either way, as I <3 my headphones.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Yes, I once had no headphones with me, and my pro speakers were broken and i was working on a song in garage band..... It was horrible :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of the speakers blew in my headphones today.

*cries uncontrolably*

OP
P

psychotoe

I have it hooked up to my reciver and I have these old 60's speaker that still kick really good.

That is an opption. You can get a used reciever and then two used speakers for really cheap and hook it right to you mac. I get full stereo sound.

Absolute Zero said:
One of the speakers blew in my headphones today.

*cries uncontrolably*

OP
R

Ryanstech

I can now personally tell you that the G5 iMac speakers sound amazing. Completely hidden yet sound just as good as the apple pro speakers. Bass isn't the best yet for how small they are and the whole bouncing off the surface thing, they have a surpising punch to them.

OP
A

adiliegro

I just got mine and it has decent speakers. Not gonna sound like a concert, but they are good for personal use. They are built in to the monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.